Molds can be found virtually everywhere. They can grow on almost any organic substance as long as moisture and oxygen are present. Many types of mold grow on wood, paper, carpet, food and insulation. When excess moisture is present in a building or its associated structures, mold growth will often occur, especially if the problem causing the mold is not corrected. While, eliminating all mold spores in the indoor environment is not realistic, it can be controlled indoors by controlling moisture levels and removing already present mold. Our certified remediators and technicians can help with:
Identify and Correct cause of moisture elevation; Interior fungal contamination is the effect caused by elevated moisture levels. Removing the mold without addressing moisture is short term.
Containment of Work Area; The work area must be isolated to prevent spores and fungal fragments released during the remediation process from entering non-abatement areas of the home. This is accomplished by sectioning off the work area as needed and applying a negative air pressurization within.
Removal of Existing Fungal Formations; Items deemed unsalvageable are bagged inside of the containment area prior to removal from the home. An enviromentaly safe oxidizing agent is applied to the building material. It will penetrate deep into the pores then its bubbling action will lift the fungus and decayed cells to the surface where it can be removed. Cleaning at a pore level generally restores the origional appearance of the material.